Dr. Shanujas. V is an Assistant Professor in the area of Human Resource Management at the School of Digital Humanities and Liberal Arts (SoDiHLA) since June 2023. She was working as a Faculty at the School of Management Sciences in the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur, West Bengal from November 2020 to May 2023. She earned her Ph.D. in the area of Human Resource Management from the National Institute of Technology Calicut (NIT Calicut). She has completed MBA (Human Resource Management & Finance) from the University of Calicut, Kerala, and qualified UGC NET in the subject ‘Management’ in 2013. She has also done M.Com (Finance) from Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu. She qualified UGC NET in ‘Commerce’ in 2015. She obtained a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) from Farook College, Calicut, Kerala. She is interested in the research areas of employee competency, employee performance management, workplace cyberbullying, and employee well-being.
Ph.D – NIT Calicut (2020)
MBA – University of Calicut, Kerala (2011)
M.Com – Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu (2013)
UGC NET – Management (2013) and Commerce (2015)
BBA – Farook College, Calicut, Kerala (2009)
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2021). Do job competencies influence the satisfaction of customers? An investigation in the cooperative banking sector. International Journal of productivity and performance management, Print ahead. (ABDC – B ranked, ESCI, Scopus indexed)
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2020). Identification and ranking of competencies that positively influence customer service: an Indian case study. International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process, 12(1) (Scopus indexed)
Peer reviewed paper presentations
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2022). Prioritizing job competencies for better customer satisfaction: an ANP approach. 2nd Pritam Singh Memorial (PRISM) Conference, at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Nagpur, India, November 17th – 19th, 2022.
- Shanujas, V. (2021). Covid-19 and nurses’ well-being: an investigation in the health care sector in Kerala. E-Proceedings of an International Interdisciplinary Conference on Covid 19: Challenges and Impact on Health, Environment, Livelihood and Education”, jointly organized by International Research Foundation (IBRF) – Kolkata, Govt. Degree (P.G) College Bhadarwah – Jammu and Kashmir, Confederation of Indian Universities (CIU)-New Delhi, and Scientific and Environmental Research Institute (SERI) Kolkata through Google Meet, May 28th -30th.
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2018). Investigation of job competencies which improves the customer service performance: an AHP approach. Proceedings of 51st Annual Convention of ORSI & International Conference, at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, December 16th–19th, 2018.
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2018). Development of employee competency – job performance grid for the employees of Malappuram District Cooperative Bank in Kerala. Proceedings of International Conference on Co-operatives in the Changing World of Work, at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode, 29 April-1st May 2018.
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2018). Discriminating job competencies and performance among cooperative bank employees in Kerala. Proceedings of 4th Management Doctoral Colloquium and VGSOM Research Scholars’ Day, at Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, March 14th –15th, 2018.
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2017). Job competencies and customer service skills: exploring the linkage in cooperative banks in Kerala. Proceedings of 11th ISDSI International Conference, at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Tiruchirappalli, December 27th – 30th, 2017.
- Shanujas, V., & Ramanan, T.R. (2017). Measuring job competencies in the banking context: application of exploratory factor analysis. Proceedings of COSMAR 2017 Conference, at Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore, November 20th -21st, 2017.